Wednesday, September 9, 2009

09.09.09: Genesis 21 - 30

To answer "In spite of all the advertising around me, how can I remind myself that life is really about living for God, not myself? " Contrary to what many popular books, movies, and seminars tell me, I won't discover my life's meaning by looking within myself. Tried that. I didn't create myself so there is no way I can tell myself what I was created for!

If I was handed an invention I had never seen before, I wouldn't know its purpose and the invention itself wouldn't be able to tell me either. ONLY the Creator of the owner's manual could reveal its purpose.

Genesis 22:1 - 18 describes God testing Abraham and it makes you wonder that God was putting a boy at risk what does he do in our lives that we carry through with thinking we passed the test? Does God stop us like he Abraham right before something terrible happens? Or is that when we sin because we are not listening?

* Romans 4:1-25; Hebrews 11:11-18; James 2:20-23. How do these New Testament writers interpret Abraham’s actions?

Genesis 24 is a chapter that represents faith and trusting the Lord entirely.

It's amazing the sin that occurred back then is the same sin of today. Humans never change do they? Why do we choose to hurt one another when we all go through so much pain already? Who do we think we are?
It's interesting that Isaac could not take back the blessing he had already given Jacob.... do spoken promises have such power today? Why or why not? I feel like a blessing back then was so close to God that it couldn't be taken back but I think today a Man's word is taken back a lot. I think we could learn from Isaac and his reasoning for not taking it back.

The love Jacob had for Rachel - Does that exist today? He worked for seven years HARD LABOR so that she could be by his side? Can we go back to these days??

Genesis 30 - Is an abomination of women and pregnancy WOW!

Its amazing as you read chapter after chapter how much deceit, lies, adultery, polygamy occurs in the bible.

It makes you compare your sin which I know means nothing in the eyes of God but you have to think that many of these Men/Women hearts were in the right place they just did wrong on so many aspects:(

Points to Ponder for the week: It's not about me.
Verse to Remember: Everything got started in Him and finds its purpose in him." Colossians 1:16
Question to Consider: In spite of all the advertising around me, how can I remind myself that life is really about living for God, not myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment