"Its in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ,... he had his eyes on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he working out in everything and everyone." Ephesians 1:11 (Msg).
The question I asked yesterday, "In spite of all the advertising around me, how can I remind myself that life us really about living for God, not myself?"
Before I speak, write or do talk to God; ask Him his thoughts, feelings etc. Spending time in the word like yesterday makes me STOP in a world that is constantly going. More to come...
I honestly find the concept of The Tower of Bable to be truly amazing! The Lord desperately tried to make man good and we desperately try and do bad... why?
Do you ever stop and wonder why God chooses certain people? Abraham for example... it could have been anyone. If he designs our gifts and our abilities and he took time to make us all special... do we take time to make sure we are doing what is expected from us?
Genesis 12:11 - First questionable thing that Abraham does?
Genesis 15:13 - First time God give insight as to what is to come... and what He will do to care for His people.
God shows what He can do if you are an obedient servant as Abraham was. It makes you see that... why wouldn't you be as obedient as you can!
Genesis 18:13 - We are constantly questioning God... We have know that He knows what He's doing.
Confirmation that the Lord will always take care of His people: ones that learn from sinning and are praying forgiveness when they do; the kind that spread truth. Genesis 18:33
It's not about me.
The purpose of my life is far greater than my own personal fulfillment, my peace of mind, or even my happiness. Its far greater than my family, my career, or even my wildest dreams and ambitions. If I want to know why I was placed on this plant, I must begin with God. I was born by His purpose and for His purpose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment